They have no concept of TV that isn't fully user controllable. We only watch live TV once in a blue moon, everything else is DVR, streaming, or downloaded.Looks like your children are my spirit animal. Everyone knows that I like to yell at ads. I'm here to consume content, not buy your shit.ProTip - I like to mute commercials during when I am faced with watching Live TV shows. It really is nice to have a few minutes of silence versus having my TV yell advertisements at me.They will never know the agony of trying to figure out how to set up the timed recording feature of a VCR so that they can record their favorite show when they're not home.
My son freaks out when a commercial comes on when we visit grandma. He keeps accusing us of changing the channel.I asked my 6 year old daughter what an ad was and she explained it to me perfectly. I asked her what a commercial was and she looked at me like I had a third nose.My wife just got us an antenna because she likes to watch the local news. We tried watching a TV show but the commercials are just too much for me.It was so in-your-face obnoxious. Have they gotten worse since the advent of streaming content? I haven't watched live TV really in the last 6 years or so.I'm 22 and your kids are making me feel old... It feels weird knowing they're kids that have no concept of commercials...
Action figures can last a child through his entire childhood but an app comes and goes with a tap of a button.Turn your location settings and gps on. It doesn't just send random surveys, it tracks the places you go. And answer truthfully. They send out surveys with all fake locations and ask if you've been to any of them. Go places and be honest and you'll be getting 2-3 surveys a week in no time. I've personally made about $60 since I started like 2 years ago.I never had an allowance, but one day I went to my friend's house and she had a job board with little pieces of paper indicating what needs to be done and there's a dollar amount as reward. Told my parents about this and they just laughed at me and told me to take out the trash and wash the dishes.
When I was growing up there were chores that were expected (clean your room, make your bed, do the dishes after dinner) then there were extras we could do for cash. My mom used to give me a quarter for every item of clothing I ironed for her. Or if I watered her plants or scooped the dog yard, 50 cents. The mix was good--there were basic expectations, but I had the opportunity to make a little money by going above and beyond.When I was a kid my siblings and I were OBSESSED with HGTV. This is when the programming was more "here's half an hour on how to pour concrete for a shed foundation, tune in next time for framing," than House Hunters type stuff.Or maybe just in the big urban areas of the country/world, idk. But you say the words "maker space" or "hacker space" in anywhere I've ever lived and they'll look at you like you just grew a second head or something. Then you go and explain it and they just say it's a stupid idea and you should buy your own tools and not mooch of someone else.
No comments:
Post a Comment